- U-6, U-7, U-8: Size 3: circumference of 23-24 inches and a weight of 11-12 ounces.
- U-9, U-10, U-11, U-12: Size 4: circumference of 25-26 inches and a weight of 11-13 ounces.
- U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18, & up: Size 5: circumference of 27-28 inches and a weight of 14-16 ounces.
- Beach soccer ball: These balls look like a regular size 5 soccer ball, but they slightly lighter (14-15 ounces), typically very bright, and feel different. Beach soccer balls are like a soccer ball/volleyball hybrid; usually water proof and don’t hurt your feet to kick. The Deptford Soccer Post carries a variety of these balls!
- Futsal ball: There is a lot of confusion over what the “official” futsal ball size is, partly due to the fact that different brands make them in different sizes. But, the official futsal ball size is a size 4 soccer ball. Since futsal is played on a hard surface like a basketball court, the futsal balls are made from a different, less bouncy, material. As futsal continues to grow in popularity, the Deptford Soccer Post will be carrying more and more futsal balls.
- Indoor soccer: The Deptford Soccer Post also carries one or two styles of indoor soccer balls. Like futsal balls, these balls are size 4 and usually covered in suede or felt. Unlike futsal balls, indoor soccer balls are quite bouncy. Indoor soccer balls are also usually bright green or bright yellow in color.
- Size 1 & 2 mini soccer balls: Size 1 “mini ball”s are just 17 inches in circumference while size 2 mini balls have a circumference of 20-22 inches. Mini balls are commonly referred to as practice balls or juggling balls. Being able to control and juggle a mini ball will make juggling and controlling larger, regulation balls much easier. The Deptford Soccer Post carried a large variety of these balls, all under $9.99. These mini balls are great for very young children who aren’t old enough to play soccer.